Members of the Friends of Lord Howe, either from the local community or concerned non-residents, work with the Lord Howe Island Board to:
- Protect and restore the island’s ecosystems
- Promote the significance of Lord Howe’s unique natural and cultural heritage
- Organise island activities which have benefits for conservation
- Lobby for funding to support conservation efforts
- Help with bush regeneration, surveys and other hands-on projects
- Initiate new avenues for community suppor
Benefits of becoming a Friend of Lord Howe Island
Knowing that your membership goes towards building a community group that is helping to conserve and promote the World Heritage values of Lord Howe means that you are actively involved in producing positive environmental outcomes.
As a strong, active community-based Group, the Friends of Lord Howe Island are well placed to continue to attract grants and sponsorship to fund future programs.
Friends also have the opportunity to:
- Meet with others who have a common interest in natural history
- Receive a quarterly newsletter full of information on Friends activities and reports on bush regeneration sites on Lord Howe
- Attend lectures by experts conducting research on the island
- Enjoy the beautiful environment of Lord Howe while involved in valuable volunteer work
Join the Friends of Lord Howe Island
Annual membership subscription starts from only $20 for singles or $35 for families and falls due on 31st October each year (prices are in Australian Dollars).